A Two-Hour Mini-Class
Saturday, March 28th
10 AM to noon PT / 1 -3 pm ET
“The Cosmic Comic Paradox: The world is in serious condition – and yet there’s definitely something funny going on.”
— Swami Beyondananda
As things become crazier and crazier out there, more people are looking to find the sanctuary of a “sane asylum”. And that sane asylum might just be heart-opening laughter and mind-expanding comedy. You are probably already familiar with laughter yoga, where people laugh and laugh and laugh for no reason. This is great. Laughing for no reason is a good enough reason to laugh.
And wait … there’s more.
When we add the dimension of comedy, the “ha-ha” can lead to an “aha!” and there is an awakening in the wake of the laughter. In addition to the physiological benefits of laughter, there are the emotional, mental and spiritual benefits of humor that brings insight and wisdom.
Particularly in these times when the contrast between what we know is true in our hearts and what we see out in the world is so stark, the leavening of levity helps us rise above the gravity and see from a higher perspective. I’ve said this before. This is not denial, but rather “radical acceptance” where we find the light to shine on the darkness.
More good news … anyone can learn how to see funnier, to bring the delight of laughter to their own inner lives, and to the world at large. Whatever you do, no matter what your mission or “work of heart”, having the magic of humor in your tool kit will make your work and world lighter and brighter.
That’s why I am so excited about our upcoming 2-hour mini-class, How To See Funny. Here’s what you’ll get in this online Zoom video class:
- You’ll learn a simple mantra that can transform grumpiness and give you new perspective
- You’ll learn the secrets of seeing, hearing and thinking funny so that “farce fields” will magically appear
- You’ll learn the alchemy of humor, so that even more stress and tension is released at the moment of laughter (what the Swami calls “ejoculation”)
- You’ll learn the architecture of a joke, so you can build ‘em yourself and watch them detonate
- You’ll learn the relationship between humor and humility as you loving laugh in your own face (and in the face of challenges in general)
- You’ll learn how to find the joke hidden in the picture, and extract the wisdom hidden in the joke
- You’ll learn how to share humor in a way that will not just leave them laughing, but leave them smiling as well
Remember, the most enjoyable way to uplift humanity is to start by uplifting the corners of your own mouth in a smile. If the gravity of the world shituation has been bringing you down, let the levitational pull lift you up.
How the Class Will Be Structured
The two-hour zoom event will include 90 minutes of instruction, punctuated by magical lessons by Swami Beyondananda, and numerous ideas to spark your comic creativity – that will work for just about EVERYONE. You will be able to access the video any time you like, and you will receive a written transcript of the instructional, assignments and practices as part of our How to See Funny Sillybus. The final half hour will address questions, both live and via the chat room. You will also have a chance to post questions and receive answers on our WAKE UP LAUGHING Facebook group.
Some of the topics covered in the 90 minutes:
- The cosmic joke, and why it’s important
- The Fool’s Journey, the pathway to fool-realization
- How to think, hear and see like a comedian
- The architecture of a joke and the alchemy of humor
- How to lovingly laugh in your own face, and in the face of life’s challenges
- How and why to choose an alter ego as a cosmic comic persona
- Finding the joke hidden in the picture – where wisdom and comedy meet
- Using humor to break personal and cultural trances
- How to tell a joke and perpetrate a harmless prank
- The art of situational comedy – bringing healing laughter to life’s situations
Here are some of the benefits you will get from this 2-hour mini-class:
√ Total immersion in the magic, mystery and hilarious joy of humor
√ A simple mantra that will give you instant relief from grumpiness
√ A way to laugh yourself sane and silly and get off the battlefield
√ You will FINALLY learn how to tell a joke!
√ How to use the energy of comedy and laughter for maximum positive impact
√ How humor makes you more resourceful, creative and peaceful
√ How and when to use humor in touchy situations
√ You’ll wake up laughing and learn how to leave laughter in your wake
If you’re ready to bring more humor into your life and world in these most serious times, strike while the irony is hot.
or pay by PayPal, and we will send you the Zoom link two weeks before the event.
BONUS GIFTS – In addition to the written transcripts and access to the Zoom video presentation any time you like, you will receive two bonuses:
[table id=1 /]
You’ll laugh while you learn and learn while you laugh!
Can’t make it in person? No worries. You can listen to it afterward any time, and you’ll even get a special written Sillybus to follow.